Work at GGRC!
Gentle Giant Rowing Club is looking for energetic people for the following positions:
Job Description – OWL on the Water – Head Coach
Gentle Giant Rowing Club (GGRC) is looking for a part-time head coach to run a unique partnership program at the Blessing of the Bay boathouse in Somerville. GGRC is excited to partner with Boston Children’s Hospital to teach rowing and provide fitness training to patients engaged in weight management programs. Program hours are Tuesdays 5:30-7:30pm and Saturdays 9-11am for 10 weeks, May 16th-July 22nd. Potential for continued employment if pilot program continues for future seasons.
· The head coach will maintain safety of all participants while rowing in either the barge, rowing shells or during on land workouts.
· The head coach will communicate regularly with boathouseand Children’s staff regarding attendance and group dynamics. Attendance report due to staff 24 hours after practice.
· The head coach will lead a 45 minute on-the – water workout and 45 minute on-land workout each practice.
· Ability to motivate youth (ages 12-18) with fun exercise practice plans
· Rowing experience from a high level high school or college program
· Professionalism in written and oral communication
· Health related college degree
· 2-5 years coaching experience
· Personal Training Certification
· Coaching in inclement and extreme hot and cold weather using personal weather gear.
· Coaching in inclement weather, extreme hot and cold weather and in low-light and dark conditions.
· Launch preparation and use, including but not limited to lifting and carrying of gas cans.