Gentle Giant Rowing is a 501(c)3 that brings the sport of rowing to the under served communities of Somerville, Everett, Malden, and other cities in the Mystic River Valley area.
Through your generous donations we are able to:
- Work with these cities to help guide them to start rowing programs for their High School Athletes.
- Bring High School athletes to the Mystic River for rowing during the seasons that their cities and towns do not provide a program.
- Provide rowing to teen mothers through a program called "Rowing Strong, Rowing Together".
- Partner with Children's Hospital to bring a pilot program called OWL down to the Mystic. (Optimal Weight for Life) Kids in this program range in age from 14 - 18 and learn about the importance of exercise and nutrition.
To give you an idea of what a donation amount would be able to purchase:
- $20 - Fills our gas cans for a week
- $50 - Buys one pair of replacement tracks
- $100 - Replacement shoes for one seat or a Cox Box Headset
- $250 - Purchases a set of pontoons which allows our rowers to learn to row in doubles and pairs
- $500 - Pays for one HS rower to attend our Fall Rowing Season, one pair of Sculling Oars or a Cox Box
- $1000 - Tune up 3 of our outboard motors
- $3600 - Set of 8 Sweep Oars
- $15,000 - Stillwater Duo Launch with motor
- $24,000 - New Vespoli 4+
- $32,000 - New Vespoli 8+